1. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
You have to trust that you already have the answers to the questions your heart asks itself. All that’s left for you to do is to trust the process and have the courage to become what you want to be in life.
2. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.”
And this is why you’ve turned to freelance in the first place. Money can’t buy happiness, and it certainly can’t buy accomplishments that mean anything. This is your one and precious life, so spend it on something that matters to you.
3. “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.”
Entrepreneurship is all about solving a pain point, but with that, you need to have a passion for that problem in order to sustain an entire career from it. Jobs are right—if you don’t have that underlying passion for what you’re doing, then you won’t make it.
4. “When you grow up you tend to get told that the world is the way it is and your life is just to live your life inside the world. Try not to bash into the walls too much. Try to have a nice family life, have fun, save a little money. That’s a very limited life. Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact: Everything around you that you call life was made up of people that were no smarter than you. And you can change it, you can influence it… Once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again.”
This quote reminds me of being a kid. At first, you look to other adults and think, “Wow, that’s what being grown-up looks like.” However, the older you get, you realize everyone is just trying their best to hold it all together. Jobs nailed it—you don’t have to be that way, and you certainly don’t have to lie to yourself to keep the machine going at your own expense.
5. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
#youtubeshort #freelancertips #stevejobs